Welcome to CMI Gold & Silver – One of the Oldest in the US
Local Service is Just a Phone Call Away
Call us first for among the lowest sell prices and highest buy prices!
What to Consider When Buying Gold Over the Phone in San Diego
Many gold investors have become victims when purchasing gold coins over the phone from coin dealers and telemarketers involving over-pricing of so-called numismatic and collectible coins, and suffering immediate losses from markups ranging from 30% to as much as 100% on their coins.
Those types of markups are unconscionable when considering that buying gold in San Diego with premiums of 5% to 7% and even lower for large purchases is common when buying from us.
Whether you are a veteran or new to the world of buying gold, we provide valuable information to alert investors of the dangers of buying gold that is overpriced. We also recommend:
- Checking with the Better Business Bureau for complaints against dealers
- Reviewing articles & resources on our website regarding potential dangers
- Buying gold bullion products – not numismatic collectible coins
- Buying gold as an investment as close as possible to “spot price” of gold
- Conducting research on our site for buying gold online
When you call our office for assistance or advice, we will recommend only those precious metal investments that we believe will provide you, not us, with the biggest profits!
Investing in Gold Coins or Gold Bars
While it doesn’t make any significant difference whether you are buying gold coins or gold bars, it is important to buy gold bullion products, and to avoid numismatic-collectible coins advertised on radio and television, and promoted by telemarketers.
There is an investor preference, however, for investing in gold coins over gold bars because the tubes are easier to count and handle than bars, and require less storage space.
Another reason gold coins in San Diego are preferred is that they are produced by government mints, with the best-known being:
- 1-Oz. Gold Eagles – the best-selling gold bullion coins in the world Markup over spot of 4.3% to 5%
- Krugerrands – usually bought at 1% premiums Usually bought at 1% lower premiums than Gold Eagles
- RCM’s Gold Maple Leafs, Perth Mint’s Kangaroos & Austria’s Philharmonics Premiums fluctuate for these coins between Gold Eagles and Krugerrands
We encourage you to browse through our online selection for current prices and specials, or call our office to seek advice from one of our reputable brokers.
Why Should San Diego Investors buy Gold Bullion from CMI?
We are among the best gold investment companies with qualified professionals to guide you in the different gold bullion investment opportunities that we offer to San Diego investors.
If you are an investor planning on buying gold coins and bars for your investment portfolio, it is important to consider a company like CMI that will stick to the market price when selling precious metals to you.
These are a few reasons why buying gold bullion from our company is a wise investment:
- Our A+ Better Business Rating
- We are an ICTA member
- Listed in the US mint as a trusted dealer of precious metals
- Official website provides a great user experience
- We provide advice about buying and collecting gold to help preserve wealth
- We can help you locate and invest in the best gold investment options
Call CMI Gold Silver to speak with a broker or use our convenient and private online investment services. 800-528-1380